In this practical 2-day workshop, you will learn how to architect and evolve clean, modular, and maintainable enterprise applications with Java 15, Spring, Hibernate and jOOQ. You’ll learn about clean architecture, enterprise architecture patterns, practices for keeping code quality under control, testing strategies and much more.
At the end of the course, you'll get an example of a fully working enterprise application, built using Java architecture best practices.
- Attendees will receive references to books, blogs, and videos for independent self-development
- How to create clean and maintainable architecture with Clean Architecture principles
- How to use modularity for better and safer refactoring
- How to organize effective synchronous and asynchronous cross-module communication
- How to unit test your design and avoid mocking hell
- How to acceptance your application with BDD and outside-in TDD
- How to design data access layer with CQRS
- How to avoid unnecesary layers of indirection with Vertical Slices Architecture
- How to create slim repositories and what’s the difference from DAO
- How to increase performance with BASE consistency and transactional outbox
- How and when to use Hibernate and why jOOQ sometimes is a better choice
- How to implement cross-cutting concerns such as transactions and logging
- How to create and test 3rd-party integrations with Apache Camel
- How to create and test web services and APIs
- How to programmatically enforce architecture and design constraints
- … and much more!
The course is highly recommended for teams that work together.
Java developers, team leaders, and architecst, with experience in enterprise software development.
Yes, you'll earn a certificate of accomplishment.
The course is taught in English.