Do you want to professionally articulate your ideas to your team and management? Build great work relationship with your customer? Organize efficient teamwork? Understand how to motivate and inspire people? Become a pragmatic, well-respected developer, architect, team lead?
Then this training is for you.
During this intensive, practical and entertaining 2-day workshop you will build core leadership, communication and organizational skills that will make you highly valuable asset in any modern technology organisation.
- The course is designed specifically for engineers and delivery teams
- The course is based on practical and battle-proven techniques that are easy to customize and apply to your environment
- The course includes the best ideas from well-known movements such as Agile, Lean Startup, Lean Enterprise, DevOps, Management 3.0, Rework)
- The course gives the opportunity to try many different communication tricks in action
- The course runs in a small and diverse group with a lot of discussions, exercise and experience exchange. All your questions will be heard and addressed.
- Attendees will receive references to books, blogs, and videos for independent self-development
This training will cover a wide range of topics necessary to become an effective team leader, software architect or engineering manager:
- What makes a good leader (qualities of a good leader, leadership anti-patterns, different leadership models, responsibilities of a leader)
- How to combine leadership, management, and technical duties (how to grow as a leader, how to find time for coding, how to balance soft and hard skills)
- How to gain trust and influence people (how humans behave, universal needs, how to motivate people, how to influence people, how to overcome resistence and skepticism)
- How to make winning proposals, spark, and drive technical change (how to present ideas, how to change things for the best, how to find consensus)
- How to make customers happy and make your team #1 (how to understand what a customer needs with root cause analysis, how (not) to make promises and deliver on time, how to exceed expectations)
- How to negotiate and say "no" without being killed (how to deal with ever-changing priorities, how to estimate work, how to deal with tight deadlines)
- How to communicate effectively (face-to-face vs. online communication, choosing the right spoken and body language, WAIT rule, nonviolent communication, commitment language)
- How to deal with difficult people ("tought" personalities, difficult conversations, dealing with low and average performance, conflict resolution)
- How to build high-performance teams (effective work organization, delegation, retrospectives, dealing with "not my responsibility" issue, how to avoid becoming a bottleneck)
- How to make your workplace more healthy, fun, and dynamic (appreciation techniques, HTC principle, measuring team's health)
- How to organize effective learning culture in a team (brown bags, innovation time, squads, mentoring, code reviews, pairing)
- How to deal with stress, anxiety, and decide in situations of high uncertainty (emotional intelligence, the basics of NLP and mindfulness)
- How to build remarkable reputation and career
- … and much more!
During the training, together with other participants you will create a clear value proposition for your idea, understand visible and hidden goals of your teammates, run a retrospective, ensure that tasks are completed on time, challenge opaque requirements with "5 Whys" and much more!
The course is highly recommended for teams that work together.
Software developers and delivery teams who want to improve leadership, teamwork, and soft skills.
You earn a certificate of participation by attending the course. No exam required.
The course is taught in English.