In this hands-on workshop you will learn how to build modern, clean and maintainable enterprise applications using up to date Java techniques, frameworks and secret gems.
The course is designed for experienced Java professionals who want to expand their knowledge beyond trivial and easy-to-google concepts. You will be equipped with effective practical solutions to real-world architecture and design challenges.
- The course is based on real-world project code, stories and examples
- The course is 80% hands-on coding, 10% important theory and 10% discussion
- The course will show many modern libraries in action (Guava, Resilience4j, Caffeine, Spock etc.)
- The course is updated to reflect the latest Java additions. The core patterns are applicable to older Java versions as well.
- You will be provided with a list of books, videos, and industry experts to follow. This is exactly what you need to build remarkable engineering career.
- Mastering advanced OO design techniques and patterns
- Mastering patterns for writing small, testable, loosely coupled objects
- Mastering naming and getting rid of getters & setters in the code
- Mastering tactical domain-driven design and building an expressive domain model with POJOs
- Mastering exception handling
- Mastering null-free coding
- Mastering levels of abstraction
- Mastering service layer design using commands, reactions and funnels
- Mastering service decoupling using events and side-effects
- Mastering simple and complex business validation
- Mastering data, persistance, and transactions
- Mastering fault tolerance with rate limiting, bulkheads and circuit breakers
- … and much more!
Ready to skyrocket your Java skills and learn many secret gems? Join in!
Forward-thinking Java developers, architects and team leaders willing to significantly improve their Java expertise, productivity and career opportunities.
Demographics60% software developers
20% tech leads
You earn a Certificate of Accomplishment after completing an exam. Use it to boost your CV and LinkedIn profile.
The course runs in a diverse international group and is taught in English.